Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cougar WIP

Last night my son in law was in the woods outside of Kalispell and surprised a cougar.  Since he didn't have his camera and couldn't take a picture LOL.... I'm going to create this one because I was inspired :)
I tried a new way of creating my first line drawing without having to draw each line of the grid.  Since the line drawing has to be transferred to the working paper anyways, I printed out a grid using a technique that Carrie Lewis describes on her blog.  Works great! Here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.horse-painter-blog.carrie-lewis.com/mini-clinic/mini-clinic-drawing-with-the-grid-system/

Even using this grid system, my drawing still took me a little over two hours because I wanted the accuracy the first time :)
This painting will be approx a 4 x 5
Each of these squares are a 1/2 inch.
Tomorrow I will transfer this onto the board and get started!

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)