Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Watercolor Black Poodle

Hello Everybody!
I hope you are doing well on this sunny Wednesday.
What better thing to do when you are sick and coughing up a lung.
I finished my black dog challenge to myself piece.

I used some artistic license for the eyes (they are too dark in the photograph) and also the fur. 

As many of you know by now, I love animals, all kinds, probably since birth.

I remember bringing home kittens after school. "Look Mom, look what followed me home from the bus stop?"
Of course, I would pet, love and encourage them so that they would follow me home. We always had to take them back to the owners. Which broke my heart as a young child.

It wasn't until we discovered Poodles that we were able to have any pets.
Poodles have a different type of dander and my Grandma wasn't allergic to them.
The first pet I grew up with was a beautiful miniature black poodle that we named Tracy.

Painting this picture really brought back the memories of growing up with Tracy.
Here's my poodle piece on watercolor paper 5x7.
I may have to do this full picture. Image is from pixabay.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)