Tuesday, January 8, 2013

ACEO - Graphite Study

What does ACEO Stand for? Art Cards, Editions and Originals. The size can be no larger than 2.5" x 3.5" and they are used like trading cards with artists and collectors.  
I challenged myself last night to do a really quick, under two hours drawing using a more painterly approach.  The sketch was approached with the side of my 2B graphite pencil and basically just doing a contrast study until the very end.  I've never drawn or painted this way before so it was a fun challenge.
I did it on Strathmore Bristol Smooth ACEO Card.  Why so small?  Another challenge to myself LOL.
The image was provided during a Weekly Drawing challenge on WetCanvas.
Hope you like it!


Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. love doing aceos but always end up spending longer on the then bigger pieces lol
    good job on yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :)
      I was really surprised by how fast I did this one using that painterly technique.
      I can see how I could spend a lot longer on these little ones than the bigger ones since I'm so detail oriented if I approached it my normal way!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments :)