Friday, March 16, 2012

Pastels

So, lets talk Pastels.  I've never used them before, never even seen them before but I ordered a set and decided to play with them today LOL!  Talk about jumping in with both feet and not knowing how deep it is LOL!

OH Well, I really like the feel of them.  I used  Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils on the smooth side of Canson Mi-Teintes paper.  That paper is specifically for pastels.  My first pastel drawing was something sorta simple.  It started out with just doing the eyes but morphed from there.  The problem with that though, I didn't even have a photo to go by. LOL....Sorta got the proportions "slightly" off LOL!
Didn't have and still don't have a clue what I'm doing with these but they seemed to just draw by themselves.  Well, almost LOL! I also learned how to remove the pastel from the paper to try again LOL!
Oh My, I'm going to have so much fun with these. I definitely need more colors.  I bought the 24 set.
 So, here it is.... Starting with the eyes..then decided to try the far side fur to see how it would go. Then continued on from there.  As you can see by the last picture, I also took off pastel just to see how that would work.  Overall, not a bad experience and now I'll do it for real LOL!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)