Sunday, November 24, 2013

Safar WIP Update 7


Added just a little more to Safar and I'm calling him done.
I could probably just keep tweaking and that's when I know I just need to stop!
Safar was a joy to capture on paper as well as a challenge.
He's mostly white with chestnut freckles. He's known as a flea-bitten chestnut.
Anyways, I drew him to challenge myself to create the lighter colored animals with graphite.
I've found that both the extreme darks and the whites and light colored animals are the hardest for me to capture accurately.
For a dark colored animal, it's all about the highlights and of course for a light colored, it's all about the shadows.
Hope you like it and thanks for following along while I worked on him.
 Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)