Friday, April 5, 2013

Tender Moment with Cow and Calf

I saw this lovely photo on FB taken by Book Family Farm and couldn't resist the challenge of a two hour sketch to try and capture the moment.  Then I needed to contact and get permission to be able to show it because of the copyright issues.  Just so you know, I did this sort of backwards.  Well, I was given permission and now you can all see it to :-)
This little calf was born on April 2, 2013 and is named Sage.  Mama's name is Ginger :)
The name they used for the photo fit so perfectly that I kept the same name. 
I really think I want to do a another one and spend more time on it but we shall see.
Introducing... "Wet Behind the Ears" two hour sketch.
Graphite approximately 10" x 7"
Heavy weight drawing paper
Hope you like it!


Thanks for stopping by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)